Jun 1, 2017

Sci-Fi Summer Read-a-Thon: Start + Wrap Up!

 
Sci-Fi Summer Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading!
 
The read-a-thon started today - Thursday, June 1st at midnight CDT and ends on Wednesday, June 7th at 11:59 pm CDT.
 
For me, that's 5 am on June 1st, and 4:59 am on June 8th.
   

For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit the posts HERE & HERE
  
The read-a-thon hashtag is #SciFiSummerJune.
  

I missed last year's sci-fi read-a-thon (then again, I've missed lots of read-a-thons the last couple of years). Anyway, this time I'm in! I hope to read lots, but if I manage to read one book, I'll actually be happy. As to the reading list, I'll keep it simple. I'll try to read some of the sci-fi classics, maybe some H. G. Wells, and I really hope to re-read again Ready Player One, too.


Happy reading everyone!!!
 
 
 

 Wrap Up:

  
 
So, overall, it was a good read-a-thon, but I really wish I read more.
 
I finally read H.G. Wells's The Time Machine, and I absolutely loved it. I don't know why I always thought I won't like it, but I was wrong. And now I can't wait to read more of his works.
  
I also finished rereading Neil Gaiman's American Gods. It's a fantasy, but I had to finish it, and of course I loved it once again.
 
I did start another book - Storm Thief by Chris Wooding, but even though I loved what I read, I only managed to read a 3rd of the book before the read-a-thon ended, but it's one enjoyable mix of sci-fi & fantasy. So, yes, it was a good read-a-thon!

  


10 comments:

  1. Glad to have you joining in on another readathon. I've missed seeing you in the linkies. :-) Hope you're enjoying your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say you had done a tremendous job,I appreciate all your efforts.Thanks alot for your writings......Waiting for a new 1...Please visit our wonderful and valuable website-
    Packers And Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. really a vry nice blog i really appreciate all your efforts ,thank you so mch for sharing this valuable information with all of us.
    Packers And Movers in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Enjoyed every bit of your blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool
    Packers And Movers Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. really a vry nice blog i really appreciate all your efforts ,thank you so mch for sharing this valuable information with all of us
    Packers and Movers Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one. It has given me courage to try scarier things. I tend to steer clear of them but not anymore.Packers And Movers Jaipur

    ReplyDelete