Jul 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Most Favorite Movies While Growing Up!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created & hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish. 
For more info about it, check out the post HERE.
    
 
This time I decided to list my most favorite movies when I was just a little girl, and that I still adore even as an adult. I know I might miss a few, and can't list all of them, but just the most fav. Not all of these are quite movies for little children, and a lot of them are older then me, but I think that they definitely contributed to my eclectic taste in everything fictional! Also, no animated movies, because if I start with them, where will I stop? It will be hard enough with movies.
 
 
 

So, My Top Ten+ Most Favorite Movies While Growing Up (in no particular order) are:

 
#1 - WarGames (1983) - IMDb

It's still one of my favorite movies. It might not be perfect, but I love it, and I've watched it so many times, and I know I'll never get bored with it.

 
#2 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - IMDb

This movie is one of the best ones ever! If you haven't watched it, what are you waiting for?


#3 - Star Wars Ep. IV, V & VI (1977, 1980 & 1983)

No explanation needed! It's still one of my favorite trilogies ever! And Harrison Ford was my first crush (before I even knew what exactly a crush is LOL).


#4 - Back to the Future trilogy (1985, 1989 & 1990)

No explanation necessary, right? 

 
#5 - Indiana Jones trilogy (1981, 1984 & 1989)
  
Another alltime fav that I'll never get bored with (and the reason why I love adventure so much). Of course, this only made me crush on Harrison Ford even more ;)
P.S. I'm pretending the last Indiana Jones movie doesn't exist.


#6 - While You Were Sleeping (1995) - IMDb

While You Were Sleeping is still one of my favorite romantic comedies!


#7 - Only You (1994) - IMDb

For me, Only You is still one of the most romantic movies ever. Also, probably the reason why I love Italy so much!


#8 - Clueless (1995) - IMDb

Clueless still rocks! I have to admit that at first I had no idea for maybe a couple of years that it's actually an adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma. After I watched for the first time one of the 1996 Emma movies, and after it watched again Clueless, I connected the dots ;) One of the best modern adaptations of a classic ever!


#9 - Jurassic Park (1993) - IMDb
  
I still love this movie, but only the first one! I will probably never get bored with it.


#10 - Jumanji (1995) - IMDb

And of course, Jumanji. One of the best children fantasy adventures ever!


And I can't stop, there are quite a few I need to mention as well:

  
And I'm stopping now, though there are quite a few I wanted to list as well.
 
 
 And an honorable mention that isn't a movie, but it was a fav, the TV series:


Are You Afraid of the Dark? is the thing I "blame" for me not being scared easily (or pretty much never) when it comes to horror movies, tv series or books. I've been known to laugh at horror movies quite often (the reason why I mostly stopped watching them long ago). From what I remember, it wasn't a particularly scary series, but it was entertaining & eerie enough & mysterious, and I loved it!
 
 

What about you? 
   
Leave me your TTT links!

11 comments:

  1. Are You Afraid of the Dark! I loved that show! I will admit some of those stories really scared me as a kid! So weird especially since I love those things in my book! Haha!

    Great picks too! Some of these I've never seen but some I have, Clueless was funny.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Jumanji and Home Alone countless times in childhood. Love Indiana Jones movies, especially the Last Crusades.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! And The Last Crusade is my most fav Indiana Jones movie, too!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yes, they're all so great! I hope you'll enjoy Grease, too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, no explanation needed for Back to the Future! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Jurassic Park. Imagine that. I know it's a great film and a classic and all that, but I somehow missed it while growing up. I love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanja!

      And I hope you'll watch Jurassic Park & enjoy it. I watched it a while ago again, and still loved it. Just pure entertainment!

      Delete
  6. OMG! You have some GREAT movies here. I pretty much love all of them. I always feel like no one knows about Flight of the Navigator. That movie is one of my favs.

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I could not stop at ten either. Star Wars and Indian Jones would make my top as well. and While you were sleeping is amazingly wonderful.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete