Apr 5, 2014

24 in 48 Readathon: Start + Update + Mini Challenge + Wrap Up!


The 24 in 48 Readathon is hosted by Rachel @ A Home Between Pages!

The 24 in 48 Readathon is a readathon that lasts for 48 hours – Saturday and Sunday – with a commitment to read for 24 hours within that timespan.

The readathon will run from 12:01am on Saturday, April 5th until 11:59pm on April 6th. 

24 hours of reading in 48 total hours – whether that means 12 hours each day or 8 hours on Saturday and 16 on Sunday or however it best shakes out for you.
 
Tweet using the hashtag #24in48.

To join the read-a-thon, visit the sign up post HERE.

Ok, so I'll do things differently this time. I love read-a-thons, but I didn't participate in this one the last time, and now my only goal is to spend 24 hours reading on 5th & 6th of April.

I'm not making any reading lists, I'll just pick up whatever I'm in a mood for. I have some previously started books, and some I plan to start, so it all depends on my mood (especially since I'm writing this in advance & scheduling it to go up on midnight) & where I am with my started books a.k.a how much hooked I am on them  ;)

I'll probably tweet my progress, or maybe even update this post.
 
Happy reading everyone!
  

Update #1:


I finished the previously started Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder, which was actually a reread, and I might pick up the sequel Scent of Magic next after I finish Stiltskin by Andrew Buckley, which I have only 60 more pages to go, and that I plan to finish after the necessary break, especially because I read Where She Went by Gayle Forman in one sitting, and now I need a break, or I'll burn out. And so far I've spent 8 hours & 41 min reading, which I think is pretty good, though I don't think I'll reach the 24 h.


Mini Challenge:


Create a sentence out of book titles on your shelves.

My Sentence:

  
"Allison Hewitt is trapped inside a world without heroes."

Books I used: Madeleine Roux's Allison Hewitt is Trapped, Maria V. Snyder's Inside (the omnibus edition) & Brandon Mull's A World Without Heroes.

    

Update #2:


I finished the previously started Texas Hold'Em by Christie Craig & Stiltskin by Andrew Buckley.

 
Total time I've spent reading: 20 h & 54 min


Wrap Up:


I had lots of fun with this read-a-thon, even though I didn't manage to read 24 h in 48 h, I was still close, almost 21 h.
  
  
For the read-a-thon, I finished 3 previously started books: Touch of Power, Stiltskin & Texas Hold'Em, and read 2 more: Where She Went & The Purple Girl, and I also started (read about two 3rds) Scent of Magic.


I also participated in the 2 mini challenges, and did the 2 surveys.
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment