Mar 14, 2014

Ides of March Read-a-Thon: Start + Reading List + Mini Challenge + Wrap Up!


The Ides of March Read-a-Thon is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer!
 
The read-a-thon starts on March 13th, and ends on Monday March 17th!
 
To join the read-a-thon, visit the sign-up post HERE!
 
The goal of this read-a-thon is to read books from our own TBR piles, and at least one book published before March 1st, 2014.

On Twitter we'll use #TBRreadathon.

You can check out the start-up post HERE!

There will be a Twitter Party on Sunday, March 16th from 4 to 5 pm EST, hopefully, I will make it.

 
I don't know how much I will be able to read, but I'm hoping I'll read at least one book from my TBR pile. Since I'm late with my starting post, I already read some & finished the previously started Goliath by Scott Westerfeld, and I also read some from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, which is actually a re-read for me, and I also started it before this read-a-thon.

From my TBR, I'm hoping to read something from these books:

  
I'll just update this post with my reading progress, and I'm hoping to participate in some of the mini challenges, as well as the Twitter Party!

  
 
 "Girl of Nightmares,
Up From the Grave,
Flesh & Bone, Fire & Ash,
Where She Went.

Days of Blood & Starlight,
on a Blood Red Road,
Ashes on the Waves,
the Harbinger of the Storm."

I used the following books from my TBR pile:

 
 
 

 Wrap Up:


Ok, so compared with how I usually do when participating in read-a-thons, I was a total failure this time.

I almost missed the Twitter Party, I catched the last 15 minutes or so (I totally forgot about it).

And I also didn't read any book, meaning, I didn't start & finish 1 book while the read-a-thon lasted. I still did read, I finished one book from my TBR that I had started before the read-a-thon: Goliath by Scott Westerfeld, and I also finished the previously started Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, which was actually a re-read, so not from my TBR pile. And I did start 2 books from my TBR pile: Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton & The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, and even though I enjoyed them so far, like so far this month, I haven't been feeling up to reading (or blogging), so I didn't finish them for the read-a-thon.

But, on the positive side, I did participate in all the mini challenges, so at least in that aspect I wasn't a failure ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Aleksandra, this is a fantastic pile of books to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! i would love to get the immortals rules so i'm curious to see what you think of this one if you do pick it to read^^

    ReplyDelete