Jan 28, 2014

"The Christmas Train" by David Baldacci


Title: The Christmas Train

Author: David Baldacci

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from November 8th, 2013 to January 28th, 2014,  from an e-copy received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 


Summary:



Disillusioned journalist Tom Langdon must get from Washington to L.A. in time for Christmas. Forced to take the train across the country because of a slight "misunderstanding" at airport security, he begins a journey of self-discovery and rude awakenings, mysterious goings-on and thrilling adventures, screwball escapades and holiday magic. He has no idea that the locomotives pulling him across America will actually take him into the rugged terrain of his own heart, as he rediscovers people's essential goodness and someone very special he believed he had lost. 

Equal parts hilarious, poignant, suspenseful, and thrilling, David Baldacci's THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN is filled with memorable characters who have packed their bags with as much wisdom as mischiefand shows how we do get second chances to fulfill our deepest hopes and dreams, especially during this season of miracles.  

   
 \
 

My Thoughts on the Book:



The Christmas Train was simply a delight to read. After the slow beginning (which was the reason why after starting it in November, I put it aside until now), I was sucked in & had the time of my life. Despite the holidays being over, reading this book made me feel like it's the holiday season all over again, and the snow that started falling here today only contributed to that feeling, so it was the perfect day for me to return to this book, and once I did, I couldn't stop reading it until I finished it.

You know those lovely Christmas or holiday-themed movies that bring you a smile to your face every time you watch them, and you'll never get bored with them, well, The Christmas Train was like that. It was fun, with some colorful & interesting & lovable characters, it was humorous, sweet, and it had a mystery, some romance, delightful dialogues, an unexpected twist at the end, and even some danger. It might not have been the most perfect book, but it was the perfect holiday-themed book, and I'm glad I read it.

I highly recommend this book to every lover of Christmas-themed, or just holiday-themed stories!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment