Nov 1, 2012

What's Next? #17

What's Next? is a weekly meme hosted by IceyBooks.

Every Thursday, select 3-5 books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but can't decide which one to read first.
Post the cover, and if you want, the synopsis or even a random line from the book, for each of your selections.
At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next!

Even if you don't end up reading your readers' top choice, you'll know what the majority is excited for.
For more info, visit the introduction post HERE!

To participate, go HERE!


My picks this week are:


The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy #1) by Mark Frost


 
Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents' insistence, he's made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam.

Now Will is being courted by an exclusive prep school...and is being followed by men driving black sedans. When Will suddenly loses his parents, he must flee to the school. There he begins to explore all that he's capable of - physical and mental feats that should be impossible - and learns that his abilities are connected to a struggle between titanic forces that has lasted for millennia.

Co-creator of the groundbreaking television series Twin Peaks, Mark Frost brings his unique vision to this sophisticated adventure, which combines mystery, heart-pounding action, and the supernatural.


Erebos by Ursula Poznanski

 

An intelligent computer game with a disturbing agenda.
When 16-year-old Nick receives a package containing the mysterious computer game Erebos, he wonders if it will explain the behavior of his classmates, who have been secretive lately. Players of the game must obey strict rules: always play alone, never talk about the game, and never tell anyone your nickname.
Curious, Nick joins the game and quickly becomes addicted. But Erebos knows a lot about the players and begins to manipulate their lives. When it sends Nick on a deadly assignment, he refuses and is banished from the game.
Now unable to play, Nick turns to a friend for help in finding out who controls the game. The two set off on a dangerous mission in which the border between reality and the virtual world begins to blur.
This utterly convincing and suspenseful thriller originated in Germany, where it has become a runaway bestseller.
Ursula Poznanski is an award-winning children’s author. She lives in Vienna, Austria.


Swipe (Swipe #1) by Evan Angler


Everyone gets the Mark. It gives all the benefits of citizenship. Yet if getting the Mark is such a good thing, then why does it feel so wrong?

Set in a future North America that is struggling to recover after famine and global war, Swipe follows the lives of three kids caught in the middle of a conflict they didn’t even know existed. United under a charismatic leader, every citizen of the American Union is required to get the Mark on their 13th birthday in order to gain the benefits of citizenship.

The Mark is a tattoo that must be swiped by special scanners for everything from employment to transportation to shopping. It’s almost Logan Langly’s 13th birthday and he knows he should be excited about getting the Mark, but he hasn’t been able to shake the feeling he’s being watched. Not since his sister went to get her Mark five years ago . . . and never came back.

When Logan and his friends discover the truth behind the Mark, will they ever be able to go back to being normal teenagers? 
Find out in the first book of this exciting series that is Left Behind meets Matched for middle-grade readers.

So, what do you think, which one of these novels I should read next?

Have you read any of these & did you enjoy it?

Leave me a comment & help me decide!

11 comments:

  1. I have to vote for Swipe...

    Thank you for stopping by and voting
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should read Swipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pick swipe! Be sue to check out my whats next and help me pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these...but I think Swipe sounds like it should be good, so Swipe gets my vote! :)

    I'd appreciate a vote on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg just added swipe and Erebos to my tbr shortlist. Wow those look cool. I'm going to vote for Erebos because I love cyber-stories! These will be a nice break from the love-themed dystopian novels that are currently flooding the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the Paladin Prophesy. That book looks great!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really curious about Erebos. Funny thing is that I own an English galley, even though my mother language is German, so I could just go to the library and borrow it. o.ô

    Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Patricia! How are you?

      And me, too! I hope it's as awesome as it sounds :) I have the galley, too, but I keep postponing reading it! If your galley expires before you read it, you can always just borrow it :D

      Thanks for visiting me!

      Delete