Nov 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 2012 Books!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

So, this week is a freebie, so I decided for a list of books published in 2012: Top 5 of 2012 Books that I Loved & Top 5 of 2012 Books that I Disliked!

My Top 5 Best 2012 Books (in no particular order) are:


~ The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers


This book is definitely one of my all time favs now, and such a pleasant surprise. It's definitely a mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end!


~ The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens


The Restorer was one of the best books I read last year, and the sequel The Kingdom is one of the best books I've read this year, and it was even more amazing than The Restorer. The Prophet (the 3rd book) was amazing, too, but this one blew me away! I can't recommend the Graveyard Queen series enough!


~ Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull


I loved the first book, and this one was even more amazing! It's rare when a sequel is better then the 1st book in a series, but Brandon Mull achieved that with the Beyonders series! I can't wait to see how the series will end next year :)


~ The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle


This book was amazingly creeptastic, and I can't recommend it enough! One of the best books I've read this year!


~ Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire


This was my first taste of Seanan McGuire's writing, and I definitely plan to read more. Discount Armageddon is one of the most entertaining books I've ever read, with amazing characters & great story, and I can't wait to read more of the Price Family adventures!


My Top 5 2012 Books that I Disliked (in no particular order) are:



~ Quaranteen: The Loners by  Lex Thomas


I'm going to say it - this book was awful & probably the worst book I've read this year! I was on the verge of giving up (I rarely do that) but I didn't, and yeah, I hated it! I know I said in no particular order, but that's about the books below, this one is definitily #1 2012 book that I disliked. Imagine a typical high school story with all the cliches, but add to that a virus, and really inconsistent & annoying characters, so for me not even a little goryness could save this book. 


2) Moonglow by Kristen Callihan


This one is one of the books that I'm really sad that I didn't like. Why? I loved the first book Firelight, and at first I loved Moonglow, too, but then slowly the story went down the hill, the characters started to annoy me, so I stopped caring about them & their romance, and the ending was a little stupid :( Yeah, I'm still disappointed by this book, but I'm planning to give a shot to the next one Winterblaze


~ Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness


This one was a disappointment! I enjoyed a lot A Discovery of Witches and I loved the characters, so I was hoping I'll enjoy this one, too, but unfortunately I didn't. This book was kind of a big mess. Although I really liked all the secondary characters - the main characters not so much anymore, and as I said the story was one big mess. It had potential, but unfortunately it didn't deliver :( 






~ Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan


Ok, Unspoken is a book I wish I never read. Why? I know there were mixed reviews, so I didn't have any expectations. But, when I started reading it, at first I loved the story & the characters, it was really fun & had lots of potential. So when things started to go slowly down the hill, so did my rating, so although I wanted to love it, I ended up disappointed with both the story & the characters, and the book in general, and that last chapter was just awful. For a book that made me laugh at first, it left me feeling awful, so I had to read 2 fun contemporary romances for that feeling to finally go away! I probably won't pick up the sequel!





~ Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves


This book just didn't do it for me. It had an interesting idea, but the combination of the main character that I couldn't connect to, and the 3 love interests from which I liked no one, and the mystery that in the end wasn't all that, made me dislike this book a little, and although I finished it, I didn't enjoy it, so I guess not quite my cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think the Loners was so bad. But it's the only one I've read that was on your list.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the others, but The Vanishing Game! Loved that book! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete