Sep 20, 2012

What's Next? #11

What's Next? is a weekly meme hosted by IceyBooks.

Every Thursday, select 3-5 books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but can't decide which one to read first.
Post the cover, and if you want, the synopsis or even a random line from the book, for each of your selections.
At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next!

Even if you don't end up reading your readers' top choice, you'll know what the majority is excited for.
For more info, visit the introduction post HERE!

To participate, go HERE!


My picks this week are:


The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski


 
Darcy Jones doesn’t remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. She has never really belonged anywhere - but she couldn’t have guessed that she comes from an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire didn’t happen and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Memories begin to haunt Darcy when a new boy arrives at her high school, and he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn’t thought possible. But Conn’s interest in her is confusing. It doesn’t line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she were his enemy.

When Conn betrays Darcy, she realizes that she can’t rely on anything - not herself, not the laws of nature, and certainly not him. Darcy decides to infiltrate the Shadow Society and uncover the Shades’ latest terrorist plot. What she finds out will change her world forever . . .

In this smart, compulsively readable novel, master storyteller Marie Rutkoski has crafted an utterly original world, characters you won’t soon forget, and a tale full of intrigue and suspense. 

 
 

The City's Son (The Skyscraper Throne #1) by Tom Pollock

Running from her traitorous best friend and her estranged father, graffiti artist Beth Bradley is looking for sanctuary. What she finds is Urchin, the ragged and cocky crown prince of London’s mystical underworld. Urchin opens Beth’s eyes to the city she’s never truly seen-where vast spiders crawl telephone wires seeking voices to steal, railwraiths escape their tethers, and statues conceal an ancient priesthood robed in bronze.

But it all teeters on the brink of destruction. Amid rumors that Urchin’s goddess mother will soon return from her 15-year exile, Reach, a malign god of urban decay, wants the young prince dead. Helping Urchin raise an alleyway army to reclaim his skyscraper throne, Beth soon forgets her old life. But when her best friend is captured, Beth must choose between this wondrous existence and the life she left behind.


Redemption (Hearts of Stone #1) by Veronique Launier


Guillaume: For five hundred years I've existed as a gargoyle. Perched atop an old Montreal church, I've watched idly as humanity wanders by. With the witch Marguerite gone, there is no one left to protect, nothing to care about. I never planned to feel again. But then a girl released me from my stone restraints, allowing me to return as a seventeen-year-old human boy. I must find out all I can about this girl's power...

Aude: Getting attacked twice in as many days is strange in itself, but even stranger is the intriguing guy I keep running into. There's something so familiar about him, like a primal drum rhythm from my dreams. But spending time together only raises more questions - about my heritage, a native Mohawk prophecy . . . and an unearthly magic threatening our city...

So, what do you think, which one of these novels I should read next?

Have you read any of these & did you enjoy it?

Leave me a comment & help me decide!

7 comments:

  1. I haven´t read any of those but The Shadow Society sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shadow Society, FOR SURE. :)

    Here's my co-blogger's What's Next

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadow Society... :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    booksliveforever.com/?p=4270

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um wow, can I vote for all of them? I'm definitely adding these to my TBR shelf on goodreads. My vote goes to Shadow Society, though, since I must choose lol. Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote goes to The Shadow Society! It seems awesome. :)

    Shauna @thesisterstale
    here's mine

    ReplyDelete