Sep 2, 2012

Top 5 Sundays: Great Books I Read Because of a Blogger's Recommendation/Review!


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Great Books I Read Because of a Blogger's Recommendation/Review. 

You can join HERE!

 
This was actually my idea for a theme, I'm glad everyone liked it, and I knew right away the books I'll put on this list. 
I chose books which I read because of a specific (and first) review of them that I read.  
 

So, My Top 5 Books I Read Because of a Blogger's Recommendation/Review (in no particular order) are:


  ~ Downside Ghosts 1-3 by Stacia Kane

 
Yeah, I know, the series is well known & loved, but the first time I saw this series was in 2010 around the time it came out at Book Chick City. Carolyn's reviews of the series (Unholy Ghosts review, Unholy Magic review & City of Ghosts review) convinced me that the series is a must-read & amazing, and she was so right, and of course I fell in love with it :) I probably still would've read the series later or add it on my reading list, but because of her reviews I read it sooner rather then later :)    


~ Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick 


 
I actually read this book only a week ago, and this is the book that inspired this theme :) Midwinterblood was on my wishlist since I read Carly's review last year at her blog Writing from the Tub. And yeah, it was just as amazing as she sad it was :)

  ~ The Pearl Wars by Nick James

 
 
And the  responsible one for me reading this amazing sci-fi book is Evie @ Bookish & her review of The Pearl Wars :)
 
 

~ Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion  



I never would've read this book if it wasn't for Carolyn's review @ Book Chick City. The summary just didn't sound like something I'd enjoy, but her review convinced me to add it on my wishlist. I was also lucky enough to win a copy on her blog, so after I received it, I quickly devoured it, and enjoyed every second of it.  


  ~ The Doomsday Vault by Steven Harper



I saw this book for the first time at SFF Chat. I love steampunk, and Simcha's review convinced me I need to read this asap, and I did, and it's now one of my fav steampunk books, I also enjoyed the sequel so much, too, and I can't wait to get my hands on The Dragon Men - the 3rd book in the Clockwork Empire series.

2 comments:

  1. i only read warm bodies. wishing for the rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Downside Ghosts series, when I first read about it I thought no way am I reading that. But then I kept reading the reviews about Terrible so I tried it and was immediately hooked. In fact its an auto buy for me. I haven't read any of the others The Pearl Wars the cover just put me off I just couldn't get past it. I might try The Doomsday Vault not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete