Aug 9, 2012

"Torn" by Amanda Hocking




Title: Torn

Author: Amanda Hocking

Series: Trylle #2



My rating: 3.5 of 5


Summary:


When Wendy Everly first discovers the truth about herself - that she’s a changeling switched at birth - she knows her life will never be the same. Now she’s about to learn that there’s more to the story…

Wendy shares a closer connection to her Vittra rivals than she ever imagined—and they’ll stop at nothing to lure her to their side. With the threat of war looming, her only hope of saving the Trylle is to master her magical powers - and marry an equally powerful royal. But that means walking away from Finn, her handsome bodyguard who’s strictly off limits…and Loki, a Vittra prince with whom she shares a growing attraction.

Torn between her heart and her people, between love and duty, Wendy must decide her fate. If she makes the wrong choice, she could lose everything, and everybody, she’s ever wanted…in both worlds.
 
As a special gift to readers, this book contains a new, never-before-published bonus story, “One Day, Three Ways”, set in the magical world of the Trylle.



My Thoughts on the Book:


Torn picks up right where Switched ended. I won't go into details about the story, not to spoil it for anyone, but in Torn there was one big surprise that I didn't see it coming, although it happens quite early. We get to meet lots of new characters: Loki, Oren - The Vittra King, Sara - The Vittra Queen, (although technically they were in the bonus short story in Switched), hobgoblins, Finn's family, etc... In this book Wendy trains & works on her powers. Also, her relationship with Elora improves & I really started to like Elora, after some things were revealed, so now I can understand her. We also see a lot more of Matt, and I really liked him, and he & Willa were great together. Finn was a little irritating, and I didn't like him anymore. As for Wendy, at times she would do something & I'd start to like her, then do something stupid (most things were about Finn) and it went back & forward. Also, I didn't like that she was a little blind when it came to some things, so that I didn't like. But, the good thing was that she didn't actually annoyed me or irritated me. Tove was such a sweety & I loved him as a character. And the best thing about this book (and the series) Loki. The amazing Loki :) Yeah, I'm a big fan of Loki. I loved everything about him. Even with everything he's been through - he's so fun, and he's sweet & knows what he wants, and the most important thing - he fights for what he wants. I loved the interactions between him & Wendy. Overall, really good sequel, and a little bit better when compared to the previous book. We also learn a lot more about the Trylle & the Vittra. In this book, the short story "One Day, Three Ways" was in 3 parts, the same day from 3 different PoVs. One was from Finn's PoV & it was ok, the 2nd was from Tove's PoV & I really liked it, it was sweet. And the last one was from Loki's PoV & I loved it, but it was sad & heartbreaking. This part made me love Loki even more. So, do I recommend  the series? Definitely.      


Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment