Jul 16, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon: Starting Post & Update Post!


The High Summer Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading

The read-a-thon starts on Monday, July 16th at midnight CST and ends on Sunday, July 22nd at 11:59 pm CST. 

For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit this post HERE.

For me, that means start on Monday, July 16th at 7 am until Monday, July 23rd at 6:59 am. 

I'm scheduling this post to be published at exactly 7 am when the read-a-thon starts, although I won't start reading then.

And, I have no idea what exactly I'll read, I have some books planned, but which of them I'll read, I don't know. 

Also, I usually do updates as separate posts, but this time I decided to post my updates on this post as I read.

On Twitter use the hashtag #HSreadathon. 

Also, there will be 3 Twitter chats:

Wednesday from 4 to 5pm CST (11 pm - 12 am my time zone) 
Friday from 8 to 9pm CST (3-4 am Saturday)
Sunday from 12 to 1pm CST (7-8pm)


My Read-a-Thon Stats/Updates:


~ Previously Started Books Finished for the Read-a-Thon: 0



~ Books Started for the Read-a-Thon: 6
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- When We Touch by Branda Novak
- The Stubborn Dead by Natasha Hoar
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
- The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar  



~ Books Read for the Read-a-Thon: 6
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- When We Touch by Branda Novak
- The Stubborn Dead by Natasha Hoar
- The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar
- A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman


~ Number of Pages Read for the Read-a-Thon: 1572


Day 1 Update: still haven't read anything :( I've been too busy, so pages read on Monday - one big zero...

Day 2 Update: made some progress, I managed to squeeze a little reading here & there, so I managed to read 110 pages.

Day 3 Update: again I read very little, only 96 pages...

Day 4 Update: 174 pages read on Thursday.

Day 5 Update: Finished American Gods & read a couple of novellas & started Anansi Boys, so I read 418 pages today.

Day 6 Update: I read The Ravenous Dead & most of A Fool's Gold Christmas (which I'll finish next) & I read a chapter of Anansi Boys, so I read 337 pages on the 6th day. Next, I'm planning to continue reading Anansi Boys.

Day 7 Update: I finished both A Fool's Gold Christmas & Anansi Boys & read 437 pages.     

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come back and see what you're reading! I'm so glad you're joining me for another read-a-thon. I hope you accomplish whatever goal you set for yourself. Be sure to have fun doing it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your update format. Good luck w/your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Monday was pretty slow too, but when it lasts a week there's still hope, right? I've had American Gods on my TBR for ages; I bet it's a good choice for a RAT, in terms of keeping your attention, though I'd be tempted to toss in something skinny alongside so I felt like the pages were turning faster. But then I have terrible habit of choosing way too many books for my "plan".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, me too :) I chose so many books, that's why I didn't post my reading list in the post :)
      And yeah, it's a great choice, it's keeping my attention so much, the problem is that I don't have as much time as I would like to read, hopefully I'll read a lot more these days :)

      Delete
  4. *waves* Hi there! Thanks for visiting me! To answer your question, I'm liking SEAL of my Dreams a lot. So far all the stories have been good, they're pretty short, 20-30 pages on the kindle, but the whole thing is 380 pages so there are a lot of different stories in it. So far I would recommend! I keep hearing that American Gods is really good, I think I've got it around here somewhere, hopefully someday I'll get to it, I've not read ANY Gaiman yet, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "waves back" ^_^

      Yeah, I can believe it, you're not the only one, you guys don't know what you're missing ;) His books are so unique!

      And thanks for answering me :) I know it's a big one with lots of stories, I had it from NetGalley, but didn't got around to reading it, that's why I was wondering if the stories are good, if I missed out :)

      Delete