May 13, 2012

"My Soul to Steal" by Rachel Vincent

 
 
Title: My Soul to Steal

Series: Soul Screamers #4

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read from May 1st to May 13th, 2012)

My rating: 4 of 5


Summary: 

Trying to work things out with Nash - her maybe boyfriend - is hard enough for Kaylee Cavanaugh. She can't just pretend nothing happened. But "complicated" doesn't even begin to describe their relationship when his ex-girlfriend transfers to their school, determined to take Nash back.

See, Sabine isn't just an ordinary girl. She's a mara, the living personification of a nightmare. She can read people's fears - and craft them into nightmares while her victims sleep. Feeding from human fear is how she survives.

And Sabine isn't above scaring Kaylee and the entire school to death to get whatever - and whoever - she wants.

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

Ok, so I'm a first-time reader of the series & I have to say that My Soul to Steal is my least favorite book in the series so far. I still liked it a lot & enjoyed it, but I read it in four sittings & I took a few days break between each one (read lots of other books) and I don't usually do that. Why? Because it was a little whiney, and yeah, I didn't really want to use this word, but couldn't think of another one, but not whiney & annoying, just a little whiney, with all that apologizing & fighting & jealousy, etc, and yeah, they were all necessary, but it made me not to fell in love in this book, but, even with that, I liked it a lot & I'm guessing it's actually a set up for If I Die, that's why the storyline is like it is. 
The ending was great, I loved it, and of course now I can't wait to read If I Die, I'll definitely start it in 2 days ;) Everyone says it's the best, so I'm really excited! Kaylee was ok, I didn't love her as much as in the previous books, although I still like her a lot, so now my favorite character is Tod, I hope there will be a lot more of him in If I Die. Sabine was really interesting character & I think she's & will be a nice addition to the group. As always, I loved Emma, she's so much fun, I guessed about Alec quite early, and about everything else, so there were not surprises this time, except Harmony's solutions about how to protect themselves in the end ;) 
I enjoyed the writing style, especially the dreams & the Netherworld scenes, they were so creepy & I loved them, Avari as always was one sick S.O.B., but he is a hellion, so no surprise there ;) Oh, and I think that Tod is right & Kaylee should take his advice, because sometimes when something is broken, can't be fixed, especially because Nash lost the feelings of their memories, so although he still loves her, I wonder if it would work? 
Anyway, good sequel & I still highly recommend the Soul Screamers series if you haven't tried it because it's quite good!

Challenges:
 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012

2012 YA Mythology Challenge



0 comments:

Post a Comment