Apr 3, 2012

Dusty Reads #5: American Gods by Neil Gaiman!

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Giselle @ Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our home shelf for some time. 
  
Books don't have to be 'x' years old. If you've had the book for a few months without reading it, it's dusty! ;) 

I know, I know, I'm saying I'm really big fan of Neil Gaiman & when someone asks me about my fav author, although I have a lot, the first one that always comes to mind is Neil Gaiman, yet I still haven't read American Gods - the book that everyone says is his best book. Why? I have no idea. I've read all of his other novels (even Anansi Boys) & although it has been "staring" at me from my bookshelf & I really want to read it, and I've picked it up to read it more than once, I just can't make myself to start it :( I don't know why, but hopefully this will be the year ;)
 
 
 
After three years in prison, Shadow has done his time. But as the days, then the hours, then the hours, then the seconds until his release tick away, he can feel a storm building. Two days before he gets out, his wife Laura dies in a mysterious car crash, in apparently adulterous circumstances. Dazed, Shadow travels home, only to encounter the bizarre Mr Wednesday claiming to be a refugee from a distant war, a former god and the king of America. Together they embark on a very strange journey across the States, along the way solving the murders which have occurred every winter in one small American town. But they are being pursued by someone with whom Shadow must make his peace... 
Disturbing, gripping and profoundly strange, Neil Gaiman's epic new novel sees him on the road to finding the soul of America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment