Mar 4, 2012

Top 5 Sundays: Best Books Turned into Movies!



Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Book Series I Plan to Finish in 2012. 


You can join HERE!


So, My Top 5 Best Books Turned into Movies or TV series (in no particular order) are:



1. Stardust 


The book with which I discovered Neil Gaiman (now my favorite author). I read this book before I watched the movie (I didn't even knew it was being made at the time) & I fell in love with it. I've read it at least 3 or 4 times since then & I'll definitely read it again & again. When the movie was out, I've heard about it, but at the time I didn't realise it's an adaptation of one of my fav books, but when I did, I watched it right away & also, I loved it! Although a little different, still great & lots of fun & one of my favs that I've watched also more than once & I'll watch it again, so great book & great movie & I highly recommend both!


2. The Lord of the Rings

I've watched the movies more than once (even the extended editions) & of course I loved them - they're amazing & probably the best adaption of book series ever. I also read the books after & although I loved them, I kinda prefer the movies ;) After seeing the trailer for The Hobbit - I have high expectations for both movies - I just know they'll be amazing & probably I'll love them both more than the book ;)

3. Harry Potter

A list like this one can't exist without the Harry Potter series! I love both the books & the movies & I think I'll never get bored of reading them & watching them, although of course as always, the books are better ;)

4. North & South


I can't even express how much I love this amazing BBC mini series & the book also. I just love the story & both main characters (Margaret Hale & John Thornton) so much (you can notice that even my avatar is from North & South) and of course there's the amazing & yummy Richard Armitage ;) & of course the amazing acting from all the actors. I've read the book only once (except for my favorite parts, which I've read lots of times), but I have no idea how many times I've watched the mini series & I although a little different than the book, still perfect & it will always be my #1  favorite period drama!!!


5. Pride and Prejudice

Of course, I'm thinking of the 1995 BBC mini series adaptation with Jennifer Ehle & Colin Firth. I don't have to say anything about this one, except I love the book (read it more than once) & I love the series (also watched it lots of times) & it's probably the best Pride & Prejudice adaptation. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there! These are all WONDERFUL choices!! Although the one I've never heard of is "Stardust", I HAVE heard of Neil Gaiman, and everything I've heard about him is positive! So I'll have to start reading his novels!! As for the others, of course I'm familiar with them all, although I haven't seen the film versions. (Weil, I remember seeing "The Fellowship of the Ring" several years ago.)

    Thanks for featuring these!!

    BTW, I've just participated in a great new way for bloggers to get to know each other -- "Book Tagging"! I've tagged you! I hope you'll participate, but if you don't, I understand, and it's okay. I sure hope you do decide to join in the fun, though, because I think you'll enjoy it!!

    Here's the post link:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/book-tagged-again.html

    Have a FAB week!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! Pride and Prejuidce is one of my favorites.. I can't believe I forgot that.. I'll just fix that up. haha

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/03/top-5-sunday-march-4th.html

    ReplyDelete