Nov 29, 2011

#147 - "A Match Made in High School" by Kristin Walker


Title: A Match Made in High School

Author: Kristin Walker

Book read from November 8th to November 9th, 2011!

My rating: 4.5 of 5

Summary:
When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can't get any worse. Then she marries her "husband": jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona's long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer.

Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.

 My thoughts on the book:
This book was hilarious! One of the funniest ya books I've read. Loved the writing style and all the funny dialogue & interaction between Todd & Fiona & all the pranks, I just couldn't stop laughing. Hilarious. So, I have to admit that this book both surprised me & didn't. I was most surprised by Todd & Amanda. They act awful at the beginning & I disliked them a lot, but I slowly started to like Todd more & more & in the end I loved him & I liked Amanda, too. I loved the way the friendship between Fiona & Todd developed, it was so entertaining. The aspects about Johnny, Gabe & Marcie weren't a surprise, I saw them coming from the beginning, although I was a little surprised that Gabe was such a jerk in the end. Johnny was also such a sweet character that I loved. I liked Fiona's character a lot, although I was annoyed a little when she acted really immature (and I'm not talking about all the pranks & jokes). My favourite character was definitely Todd. Oh, I've almost forgot to mention Sam. She was such an amazing little girl that I absolutely loved, too! Will I read this book again? Definitely, again & again. It's funny, entertaining, fun, sweet & I have to say again, hilarious book that I can't recommend it enough!    
  
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment