Oct 2, 2011

Contest Craze: Mini Challenge: Favorite Books of 2011!



This mini challenge is part of Contest Craze, hosted by Cindy @ Princess Bookie!


The goal of this challenge is to write a blog post about the top 5 books you read in 2011 that you loved, that were your favorite! 
Be creative! Include images, summaries, or comments on why you enjoyed them.

To participate, go HERE! 


I have to admit that I've read around 20 books in 2011 that I absolutely loved & that are now on my list of favorites (for me that means that I can read them over & over again & never get bored), so it was really hard to choose only 5, but I did ;) 

So, my top 5 favorite books in 2011 are:

#1 - Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry
 This is the second book in the Benny Imura series & it's just as amazing as the first book Rot & Ruin! You have zombies, lots of action, amazing characters & you'll laugh & you'll cry! I can't recommend the series enough!


#2 - The Restorer by Amanda Stevens
 This is the first book in the Graveyard Queen series! I have to say that this book surprised me a lot. Definitely not what I expected ;) Lots of suspense, really creepy, loved the chemistry between the two main characters & great storyline. I can't wait for the sequel!


#3 - White Cat by Holly Black
 I didn't know what to expect before I read this book & it surprised me a lot! Loved the world the author has created & Cassel is just such an amazing character. The sequel Red Glove was really good, too & I can't wait for the 3rd book Black Heart. So, I highly recommend to try the Curse Workers series, because it's different from the other YA books! Also, although I have to admit that I wasn't too crazy about the covers of the books before I read them, I have to say that they fit the books perfectly!


#4 - Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
 I loved it! This one was quite the adventure for me! Although I guess it might not be for everyone, if you're a nerd in heart just like me (love books, movies, tv series & video games), then I think you'll absolutely love it! 


#5 - Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey
I definitely agree with George R. R. Martin about this one - kickass space opera! You've got mystery, action, war, vomit zombies (yeah, you read it right) & fun characters. Can't wait for Caliban's War, the second book in the Expanse series!


Also, (although this will make more than 5 books) I really have to mention Ember and Ash by Pamela Freeman, which is amazing stand alone epic fantasy; and City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane, which is the 3rd book in the urban fantasy series Downside Ghosts & the best in the series & I highly recommend both books/series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment