Oct 1, 2011

#3 - "Falling Skies" by Paul Tobin & Juan Ferreyra


Summary:
In the heart of Boston, following the devastating events of an alien invasion, history professor Tom Mason and his sons Hal, Matt, and Ben are just trying to survive. After an extreme firefight with the aliens, Ben gets kidnapped. Determined to get his son back, Tom joins forces with the 2nd Mass, a militia group that is taking the fight against the aliens. But with the group's munitions supplies running low, Tom must locate an old friend to equip him and his team in order to ensure the survival of the human race!
 
NetGalley copy read on May 13th, 2011!
 
My rating: 4 of 5
 
My thoughts on the graphic novel:
This graphic novel is actually a prequel of (at that time upcoming) tv series Falling Skies. Here we get to read & see some of the events that's happening before the tv series & are mentioned in the series. Overall I enjoyed a LOT the story, I liked the illustrations & they were really similar to the actors (as they should be) & the novel did what it supposed to do, it got me excited for the tv series. So, if you loved the tv series (I have to admit that I didn't - the storylines of the tv series were quite average & although the characters were good, the only other good thing about it were the last 5 min in the last episode, so I still might give it a chance in season 2, just out of curiosity about the ending of season 1), you'd love the graphic novel & I recommend it!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment