Apr 30, 2011

#51 - "The Food of Love" by Anthony Capella


Title: The Food of Love
Author: Anthony Capella

Summary:
Laura Patterson is an American exchange student in Rome who, fed up with being inexpertly groped by her young Italian beaus, decides there's only one sure-fire way to find a sensual man: date a chef. Then she meets Tomasso, who's handsome, young - and cooks in the exclusive Templi restaurant. Perfect. Except, unbeknownst to Laura, Tomasso is in fact only a waiter at Templi - it's his shy friend Bruno who is the chef. But Tomasso is the one who knows how to get the girls, and when Laura comes to dinner he persuades Bruno to help him with the charade. It works: the meal is a sensual feast, Laura is utterly seduced and Tomasso falls in lust. But it is Bruno, the real chef who has secretly prepared every dish Laura has eaten, who falls deeply and unrequitedly in love. 
A delicious tale of Cyrano de Bergerac-style culinary seduction, but with sensual recipes instead of love poems.

My rating: 4 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed this book! Some parts I liked it, some parts I loved it, but overall good contemporary romance, especially if you love Italian cuisine or books with cooking! Most of the dishes that are cooked in this book were really mouth-watering, even those that I don't eat or I can't imagine myself eating ;) If I had them before me than, I probably would have tried them ;) So, it's fun, delicious & fast-read!

1 comment: