Nov 2, 2010

#195 - "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini


Title: Eldest
Author: Christopher Paolini
Series: Inheritance, Book 2

Summary:
Darkness falls…despair abounds…evil reigns…
Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in the skills of the Dragon Rider: magic and swordsmanship. Soon he is on the journey of a lifetime, his eyes open to awe-inspring new places and people, his days filled with fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and nothing is what it seems. Before long, Eragon doesn't know whom he can trust.
Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle-one that might put Eragon in even graver danger.
Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life... 
 
My rating: 3 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
Overall, I enjoyed it! The first 200-250 pages were kinda boring, Eragon annoyed me & the only thing I liked were the parts with Roran, but after that it became better! Some of the stupid descriptions like the ones in the first book were still there, but not as much as in the first one! After the "change" Eragon became less annoying & in the 2nd half of the book there was more action! The "big" revelation(s) in the end didn't surprise me at all, I already guessed them in the first book, but I still liked the ending! I'd say that this one was a little better from the first book, but still nothing special! I'll read the last one soon!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment