Oct 18, 2010

#183 - "The Monstrumologist" by Rick Yancey


Summary:
These are the secrets I have kept.
This is the trust I never betrayed.
But he is dead now and has been for more than forty years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets.
The one who saved me...and the one who cursed me.


So begins the journal of Will Henry, orphaned assistant to Dr. Pellinore War throp, a man with a most unusual specialty: monstrumology, the study of monsters. In his time with the doctor, Will has met many a mysterious late-night visitor, and seen things he never imagined were real. But when a grave robber comes calling in the middle of the night with a grueso me find, he brings with him their most deadly case yet.

Critically acclaimed author Rick Yancey has written a gothic tour de force that explores the darkest heart of man and monster and asks the question: When does a man become the very thing he hunts? 
 
My rating: 5 of 5 
 
My thoughts on the book:
I loved it, loved it, loved it! First of all, I have to mention that for me books are never scary, sometimes creepy, but usually that's all! So, this book wasn't scary or creepy for me, but what an adventure! I do love good adventure & this definitely is one & goes to my pile of favorites! It was fun & funny book, a little gory, I liked the characters - they were really fun, it had awesome monsters, the descriptions of everything was pretty detailed, so I felt like watching a movie. ;) It was suspenseful, exciting & action-packed & I highly recommend it! Now I'll have to get the sequel, too!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment