Sep 19, 2010

#164 - "Dating Can Be Deadly" by Wendy Roberts


Summary:

Single Clairvoyant Seeks Partner in Crime
 
Some gifts are easy to return-like the parrot earrings from Aunt Ruth-but when your gift is clairvoyance, Tabitha Emery finds there is a definite No Refund Policy. Now she's having visions of black magic rituals and dismembered bodies, and she's not sure what to do. She didn't ask for this talent and certainly doesn't want it, but it clings to her like a thong and is just as uncomfortable.

Tabitha's goals are simple ones: A) to rise above law office receptionist B) to spend Friday nights uncovering the mysteries of butterscotch schnapps with her comrades, and C) to procure more than a passing glance from Clay Sanderson (Greek-god-type lawyer).

But her second sight has turned her life upside down-and now she finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation where the only clues are in her persistent premonitions-making her not only the key to solving the mystery but perhaps a suspect, as well. (On the plus side: she could use some legal advice, so now she and Clay have something to talk about.)

And somewhere in the middle of all this is the real culprit, the mystery man, who wants this clairvoyant dead...

My rating: 2.5/5

My thoughts on the book:
This book was fun chick-lit/cozy mystery, but nothing special! I've already read 2 other books by Wendy Roberts which I loved, so I guess  I was expecting a little more, but since this was her first book, it's understandable why it's not as good as her Ghost Dusters series! The characters were ok, the mystery was ok, but I didn't really connect with the characters or the romance & I guessed who the killer is too soon. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I'd call it ok & even likable!

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Bummer that you didn't like this one as much as her ghost buster series. I think I'll pass..and just focus on the ghost buster series myself.

    ReplyDelete