Mar 21, 2010

#25 - "Firespell" by Chloe Neill


Summary:
As the new girl at St. Sophia's boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she'll have to face - but oh, how wrong she is. 

When Lily's parents decide to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she's not happy. Lily's classmates are the ultrarich brat-pack type - and if that isn't enough, she's hearing and seeing bizarre things on St. Sophia's creepy campus. 
The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout's a little weird - she keeps disappearing late at night. When a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout, who's running from a real-life monster. Scout is part of a splinter group of rebel teens who protect Chicago from demons, vamps, and the gone-to-the-dark-side magic users called Reapers. She lets Lily in on her secret, even though Lily has no powers of her own...or at least none she's discovered yet. 

My thoughts on the book:
I loved it. It's really fun & enjoyable book. The story was interesting & although I guessed where it's going, I couldn't put it down. I stayed until 4am, so I can finish it. I loved the characters, too. There are few things that I'd like to know more about, so I can't wait for the 2nd book.


My rating: 4/5


Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. It does look like something I'd like too. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this. I have to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of book. I would thank you for the review, but my wish list just got bigger. lol

    ReplyDelete